pondelok 6. júna 2011

Indonesia in a nutshell

In the following paragraphs I would like to summarize my "Indonesian impressions". I hope my viewpoint is just realistic (not too pessimistic hopefully). And remember, it is just my impression so who cares.))

On the one hand Indonesia is a beautiful country with outstanding exotic nature, on the other hand the people obviously do not value the nature too much cause the beaches and the water and the forests etc. is usually polluted. This fact decreases the positive impression of the whole Indonesia considerably.

The food in Indonesia consists basically from  rice, egg, cooked or fried veggies and meat, soya products and lot of chili. I was quite surprised, how Indonesian people can eat so much fried and oily food if it is so warm there. If you want something else to eat, you have to go to restaurants, which are mainly for tourists. The second point considering the food is that they use too much sugar. They have so many fruits and do lot of "fresh juices", however they always put so much sugar inside that it makes it a bit disgusting. The same thing with coffee and tea and so on. Actually I was expecting lot of fresh salads and healthy food and the cruel reality disappointed me a bit. But still, they have really good seafood and from the local cuisine the possible vegetarian meals Cap Cay (steamed veggies) and Nasi Goreng (fried rice with fried veggies) were my favorite ones.

The people in Indonesia are basically very friendly and they are always interested in how u do, where do you come from and so on. However, I found it pity that I could not talk to them more (our whole conversation was basically just answering these few basic questions, eventually to doing some "business" with them). Their command of English was usually low and my command of Indonesia was also very low, so it was practically impossible to communicate together what I found really pity.  Anyway there were some exceptions  with which I had really nice talk. One of the local guys told us a big truth about the Indonesian people: they are like chili - small and hot .)).

Doing business with Indonesia people can be quite annoying cause they usually offer you much higher price than to the locals. On the one side it is understandable, on the other side it is just annoying. The bargaining is fun at the beginning, but it can also become really tiring if you have to bargain for every single bottle of water you buy. What I really have to complain about is the police system, which is really corrupted (cause almost everyone is friends with police).

Anyway the whole trip was so good, even if I complain in this text too much, we had just so much fun, seen lot of exotic places, did diving and surfing (these two things were the absolute top for me), met lot of nice people. I think I became more brave after this trip and my border of fear has moved. I learned that I would pack my luggage differently the next time (among others i would definitely take following things, which I either forgot or bought there: just two dresses, board shorts, flip flops, some very thin shirt with long sleeves, more t shirts, just one long trousers, socks, one hoodie, knife,  spoon, big scarf - to cover the bed and to cover myself in transport with strong aircon, sleeping bag, goggles, snorkel, very good first aid kid and cosmetics and washing powder and some oatmeal cause in Indonesia it is so expensive and I was missing it).  I learned that the lonely planet guide is just a must have for backpackers - and the next time I would not travel without it. I learned that it is sometimes good to have a men with you, when you travel in Indonesia - cause girls are an easy target. I passed a diving course and was learning surfing. And I learned that I do not want to stop traveling. I just love it.











Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára